Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009

Technically Thanksgiving no longer but...


Happy Turkey Day Anyway


I had a devil of a time taking a photo of this little guy that was 1) lit properly and 2) in focus. I really don't know how to use my camera and every photo is a mystery until it is downloaded and blown up in Photoshop. Ah, technology in the hands of the impatient and lazy.

So anywho, this kitty is part of a series I'm allegedly planning. Still in the half-formed scribbly sketch and slowly growing list of ideas phase. The idea being that of kitties dressed up for the holidays against their will. Sitting prettily for portraiture but not happy. Working title for the series is the Surly Kitty Chronicles. This particular kitty is currently titled "Surly Pilgrim Kitty" but hopefully a more clever title will eventually emerge from the murky depths of my tryptophan addled brain.

His angry eyebrows are hard to see. I may have to go over them with a pencil or black thread. A classic wip but the sentiment is there:

Happy Thanksgiving

please stop annoying the cat



;-D
Hook On!
Cx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know your cat brings Sheldon's Soft Kitty Song to mind.

Cecinatrix said...

tee hee:

soft kitty/warm kitty
little ball of fur
happy kitty/sleepy kitty
purr purr purr

My favorite cat related song - although Phoebe Bufay's "Smelly Cat" makes me smile too.

:-D
Cx