Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween ... Day

Hey a day late and a dollar short is my motto. Not just pretty words, after all.

As much as I love Halloween, I rather spaced on doing anything crafty - well except for this bracelet:

Hallo'een Bangle

That was fun. The creamy green beads reminded me of green cartoon Frankenstein creatures - neck bolts, zippery stitches and all. So the bracelet was always going to be panels of Halloween colors stitched together in crochet. The original vision failed miserably and I spared myself (and anyone else clinically sensitive to exposure from crochet disasters) the photography of it. Let's just say - wanted stitchy bustier style chains got weird bowed and buckled circle of Pringle-like crochet inclusions. Anyway, I found something I liked and the thing is fun to wear.

However, I couldn't let the day pass without a cat tribute, so true to form I spent the entire day making this orange-eyed kitty (been really into beads lately) and ... da da da dah! (phonetically spelled drumroll, please):

Orange-Eyed Kitty


And for some extra fun:

Great Pumpkin Kitty !


Although I don't know how sincere a corn syrup pumpkin patch can be...

:-)

Hoping y'all had the happiest of Halloweens!

Hook on!
C

2 comments:

Unique2wh0 said...

That bracelet is very cool!! Would also look nice in some earthy tone colors :) and...the kitty..well ...Too cute!
I had a nice Halloween at home..hooked up a candy corn hat for my Prince LOL

Cecinatrix said...

Thanks Unique2

I get these ideas in my head and they MUST be let out. Glad someone does appreciate them enough to drop the line/comment.

Would love to see the candy corn hat... it's given me a wicked little idea. Back to the hook.

Thanks again
Cx