Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cats Aplenty - Oh No! Pattern Wrong!

Please see revised instructions!

In a magnificent display of decreasing mental capacity, I had to be reminded that cat behavior extends past the noisy, hissy, back-arching, Halloween-flavored carrying on.

Thanks to a suggestion posed by the lovely Lilli Tupu (she of the fully functioning cerebral cortex), I dusted off my own neurons recently and came up with some more cat silhouette appliques.

Since I'm always in need of an excuse to post more regularly, I'll dole them out in batches. Soooo....


Cat Pack Attack - volume 1 - The Window Kitties





Window Cats Appliqués
C. A. Lira 2008


Note: crochet thread sz 10
hk size 9 (1.75mm)
finished height 1 3/8”, 1 ½”, 1 ½”, respectively

Please see revised instructions!

Wider Window Cat (worked as per instructions – flipped in photo)
1) ch3, slst, hdc, ch2, ch3, slst, hcc, ch2 turn
2) sc same, sc2, 2sc, ch2 turn
3) sc5, ch2 turn
4) scdec, sc2, scdec, ch2 turn
5) sk1, (scdec) twice, ch2 turn
6) sc2, 2sc, ch2 turn
7) sc same, sc2, 2sc, ch2 turn
8) sc same, sc4, 2sc, ch2 turn
9) sc same, sc6, 2sc, ch2 turn
10) sc8, ch2 turn
11) sc8, ch2 turn
12) scdec, sc5, scdec, ch2 turn
13) sk1, scdec, sc3, scdec
14) ch12, hdc, sc, 2sc, sc7, sk1st & 2 R, slst to body, end off


Rounded Window Cat
1) ch3, slst, hdc, ch2, ch3, slst, hdc, ch2 turn
2) sc same, sc2, 2sc, ch2 turn
3) sc5, ch2 turn
4) scdec, sc2, scdec, ch2 turn
5) sk1, (scdec) twice, ch2 turn
6) sc2, 2sc, ch2 turn
7) sc same, sc2, 2sc, ch2 turn
8) sc same, sc4, 2sc, ch2 turn
9) sc same, sc6, 2sc, ch2 turn
10) sc8, ch2 turn
11) scdec, sc5, scdec, ch2 turn
12) sk1, scdec, sc3, scdec, ch2 turn
13) sk1, scdec, sc, scdec
14) ch12, hdc, sc, 2sc, sc7, sk1st & 2 R, slst to body, end off


Window Kitten
1) ch3, slst, sc, ch2, ch3, slst, sc, ch2 turn
2) sc same, sc2, 2sc, ch2 turn
3) sc5, ch2 turn
4) scdec, sc2, scdec, ch2 turn
5) sk1, (scdec) twice, ch2 turn
6) sc2, 2sc, ch2 turn
7) sc same, sc2, 2sc, ch2 turn
8) sc6, 2sc, ch2 turn
9) sc6
10) ch12, sc, (2sc in next st) three times, sc7, sk1st & 2 R, slst to body, end off


8 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute thanks! These would make adorable bookmarks too!

Unknown said...

How adorable!

KittyDobson said...

hey there! I'm too sure how to read your patterns...any pointers?

Cecinatrix said...

Hello KittyDobson.

It's written in my shortcut form but it goes along with the diagram which starts at the base of the ear on the left. Ch3, slst into 2nd ch from hook, hdc (or sc) into next chain (first chain worked), etc etc.

Give me a day and I'll write it all out and post it. Sorry about that. It's sometimes hard to remember that people can't read my mind.

Always
C

KittyDobson said...

Thanks sooo much! I really appreciate it! My aunt has 19 cats at her house (if it makes it more understandable she has no sense of smell) I've made her a sweater and these little kitties above the pockets and things will just make it perfect!!

Cecinatrix said...

No problem KittyDobson.

I;d love to see the finished project. Will you be posting it anywhere?

Always
C

Unknown said...

Hiya Cecinatrix

Just wondering about the pattern for the window cats as per your post to KittyDobson.

I've tried very hard to follow your shorthand but it escapes me. Relatively new at crochet so not that great with charts either.

Hoping to make a christmas pressie with these cuties.

Thanks very much.
Lizl

Cecinatrix said...

Hi Lizl
Sorry to hear about the confusion. I don't know what I was thinking when I typed the original instructions. Did you still have trouble following the revisedinstructions?

Please let me know.
Always,C